submitted by Kytherian Cultural Exchange on 22.10.2012
The joint Committee for the Commemoration of the Anniversary of the Battle for Crete and Greek Campaign invites you to a
to be held in honour of the 70th Anniversary of the Greek and Crete Campaigns
Bookings essential by 22 November 2012
(Enquiries: 0438 007 560)
RSVP: Dr Maria Hill (Convenor )
email: Email Maria Hill
The speakers for the symposium are:
• Professor Joy Damousi - University of Melbourne ( our keynote speaker) http://history.unimelb.edu.au/about/staff/damousi.html
• Dr Ian Frazer - retired senior lecturer from the University of Otago , Dunedin will be speaking about "History of Escape and Evasion in Enemy Occupied Crete 1941- 1943" http://www.times.co.nz/books/on-the-run.html
• Dr Brian Taaffe - New Zealander who is speaking about his book: The Gate Keepers of Galatas - about his father's involvement in the New Zealand Petrol Company that fought on Crete http://www.redkangaroobooks.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2081183
• Susanna De Vries about her book - Blue Ribbons Bitter Bread on the life of on Joice Nan Kivell Loch. http://susannadevries.com/blue_ribbons_bitter_bread.html
• Dr Maria Hill discussing the Australian relationship with the Greeks during WW2 http://www.mariahill.com.au/diggersandgreeks/
• Dr Michael Bendon (archaeologist) talking about his discovery of sunken naval craft off the coast of Crete: http://www.smh.com.au/world/mystery-emerges-from-the-deep-20120825-24t2d.html and http://neoskosmos.com/news/en/a-cretan-mystery-revealed
This event is sponsored by the NSW Government
on a clear day from the lower half of the island you can see one of our neighbours.. CRETE ...in...
If you're interested in books on Kythera here is the updated Book/CD/DVD order form from the Kytherian World Heritage Fund....
wonderful old byzantine church near the village of zaglanikianika with potamos in the background ...
in its time aroniathika was a very large village, noth of the island near potamos, walk through this lovely classical...
About 5 minutes into the program Ada Margariti, who is an Attorney at Law, speaks about how she came to...
Interviewed during his visit to Australia, 2013.
August 17, 2010
103.2 HOPE - radio station
You’ve heard of PhDs in science, medicine and education but have you...
Brisbane kytherians at paliochora excursion ..exploring the wonderful site and seeing all the churches .. this one is called ' e...
Gorgeous Ruby! Ruby's father was Evangelo Megaloconomos born 7 September 1891, died 29 January 1983
Ruby was born 16 September...
10.05.2020 (Message Board)
I think this information might be of interest.
Can you provide more information? Such as if they were immigrants or your family history,...
Thanks Tina, Appreciated.
I found information on Ancestry the may be of interest.