submitted by Vikki Vrettos Fraioli on 08.05.2006
Kirani Chlentzos Katsouli was the daughter of Efrocene Venardos (1830-1935) and Haralambos Panayiotis Chlentzos, and the sister of my grandmother Marigo Chlentzos Alfieris 1882-1968.
Kirani married Giorgos Katsoulis and hey had 6 children:
1. Arete (1894) who married Dimitris Sofios. They had 3 children; Manoli (the photographer), Zoe, and George.
2. Grigoria (abt 1896) who married Nickolao Georgios Chlentzos. They had 3 children; Anna, Viola, and Kosta.
3. Dimitris (1897) who immigrated to the USA and changed his name to Jim Kastele. He married an American woman, Gertrude Ruth Holladay and they had no children.
4. Pascalia (1899) who married S. Eftimios. They had 3 children: Nick, Andrew, and Maria. (no birth records have been found for her husband or children)
5. Diamanti 1901 (no info)
6. RIgoula (1903), who married Lambro Panagiotopoulos (Aroni) (abt 1886). They had 3 children; Marina, Anna, and Koula.
When Areti died of the influenza epidemic in 1918, her mother, Kirani, helped raise her children.
Manolis Sophios is renowned for his amazing photographic archives.
I have very little info on the famiies of Grigoria, Pascalia, Diamandi, or RIgoula.
If you have any information on them or their descendants, please contact me.
Dear Kythera Family,
I am researching Rosa Antonia Cassimatis extended family. Rosa is the mother of Lafcadio...
I am looking for information on my great grandfather John Nicholas Caroonarus Bavea (Jack...
The nickname “Kaponas” is often found appended to the family name of the Megalokonomos family of Agia Pelagia. The followng...
Hi demetrius was my family. He moved to the uk, married and his daughter is the mother...
About 5 minutes into the program Ada Margariti, who is an Attorney at Law, speaks about how she came to...
Interviewed during his visit to Australia, 2013.
August 17, 2010
103.2 HOPE - radio station
You’ve heard of PhDs in science, medicine and education but have you...
Brisbane kytherians at paliochora excursion ..exploring the wonderful site and seeing all the churches .. this one is called ' e...
Gorgeous Ruby! Ruby's father was Evangelo Megaloconomos born 7 September 1891, died 29 January 1983
Ruby was born 16 September...
16.05.2023 (Message Board)
09.04.2023 (Message Board)
01.04.2023 (Message Board)
I am looking for any information about my grandparents Nicholas (born 1878) and Elessa (born 1880) Feros...