submitted by Peter Trearchis on 27.11.2004
This is a picture of Yiannis Melitas with his class in Potamos. The writing translates as-
Picture of Yiannis Melitas with students of the Public School of Potamos.
Play performed during Holiday of Panagia (August 15, 1947).
Yiannis was my grandmother Efrosini (Trifillis) Trearchis' first cousin, Yiannis' aunt being Efrosini's mother.
Anyone with any info on Yiannis, his ancestry, or his children would be great. By the way does anyone know who any of the children in this photo are?
My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
submitted by Helen Kalos on 16.10.2005
248:The young boy on the far right is Stavros Mavromatis. Tragically, not long after this photograph was taken he was killed in a car accident.
The young girl on the far left of the photograph is myself, Helen Kalos (nee, Yeoryopoulos).
submitted by Helen Kalos on 17.10.2005
249:Details of all the children in the photograph - from Left to Right are as follows:
1. Helen Kalos, (nee, Yeoryopoulos).
2. Pelagia Souris, from Ayia Pelagia. She lives in Greece, and has a brother Tassos in Brisbane.
3. Chrissa Stelliou, Hasapi's daughter from Potamos. Parachoukli Louris. [Sister-in-law of Poppy Stellios in Canberra.]
4. Mandi Treachis. Her mother was a Megaloconomos, sister to the mother of Mitchell, Angelo, John, Irene and Betty, from Grafton.
5. Katina Psalitha. Lives in Potamos, and is married to George Kastrissios. Parachoukli Skorthos.
6. Eleni Haliori. Married a Levounis.
7. Small child on Eleni's shoulders, is the daughter of the teacher. Eleni Melitas. Married to a Conomos, from Arios, (near Mylopotamos) Kythera.
8. Irini Zantiotis. Married to Bubi Michalakakis. Lives in Potamos. Parachoukli Tiskalus.
9. Matina Zaaniotis. (Sister of Irini). Married Grigori (Greg) Frilingos. (Own a bakery in the Fish Markets, Sydney.)
10. Stavroula Bouzelakis. Married Angelis Tambakis. Lives in Greece.
11. Eriphili Baveas. Daughter of Stavros Baveas, who was in Gilgandra, at the ABC Cafe pre-WWII. Erophili daughter Anastassia married Harry Cassimatis, and they live in Australia.
12. Anastasia Baveas (sister of Eriphili). Married Michali Megalaconomos. [Both sisters live in Kythera.]
13. Stavros Mavromatis.
I just questioned my mum about this…she is from Karvounades. Definitely not a typical surname from that...
Hi Helen, Look out for an email from me. Have been working on indexes for a series...
Hi Tracy . I am the daughter of Con Trifyllis and lived in Coffs Harbour for many...
Sorry I haven't replied until now. Anastasia Coukoulis is my great grandfather Antonio Mazaraki's sister.
About 5 minutes into the program Ada Margariti, who is an Attorney at Law, speaks about how she came to...
Interviewed during his visit to Australia, 2013.
August 17, 2010
103.2 HOPE - radio station
You’ve heard of PhDs in science, medicine and education but have you...
Brisbane kytherians at paliochora excursion ..exploring the wonderful site and seeing all the churches .. this one is called ' e...
Gorgeous Ruby! Ruby's father was Evangelo Megaloconomos born 7 September 1891, died 29 January 1983
Ruby was born 16 September...
27869:21.11.2021 (Message Board)
27834:24.10.2021 (Message Board)
27832:10.10.2021 (Message Board)
27831:08.10.2021 (Message Board)